Pfeiffer is a design focused practice of architects, interior designers and planners with offices in Los Angeles and New York City. We work nationally and internationally with an emphasis on cultural arts and educational projects for public and private clients.
To support Pfeiffer’s continuing growth, the firm seeks an architectural planner with strong analytical and planning skills; experienced working with higher education clients. Candidate shall have strong communication skills, including the ability to make oral presentations, craft written narratives and prepare illustrative graphic materials. Experience with academic libraries a plus. The candidate can be located in either Los Angeles or New York City.
The person will work with project teams to facilitate strategic planning, academic programming and comprehensive master plans for both buildings as well as campus precincts. Participate in meetings with clients and stakeholders.
Candidate shall have experience in the following:
- Analyzing existing space-utilization of buildings; translating information into clear, well written narratives and graphics
- Preparing detailed space programs and program documents
- Developing comprehensive facility evaluations, including code and life safety analyses
- Developing conceptual plans for buildings, site and campus precincts, coordinating with consultants as necessary
- Producing presentation level drawings
- Preparing for and participating in client presentations
Desired Skills & Expertise
- 7-10 years of relevant experience with strategic planning, master planning, programming, concept design and facilitation in higher education
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
- Current knowledge of trends in higher education, with a emphasis on academic libraries and student life facilities
- Ability to produce high quality planning deliverables, in graphic and written formats
- Strong interpersonal skills; capacity to inspire, engage with and invigorate discussions with clients as well as project teams
- Team-oriented and highly collaborative
- Excellent time management and follow-through skills; ability to plan & manage workload to achieve deadlines
- Strong verbal & written communication skills; fluency in English and a valid long-term work status in the U.S.
- Proficiency in BIM (Revit), AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign) and MS Office suite and/or other design and project management related software
Given that +/- 80% of our projects are outside of Los Angeles or New York City, candidate must be willing to travel.
Please send your resume, along with a tailored cover letter, to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Architectural Planner’ in the subject line. Upon review of coverletter and resume, graphic materials may be requested.