0-3 years’ experience – Summer Internship/ 10-12 weeks
We are a fast-paced architecture and design firm located in Harlem with a young and diverse staff. Working in close partnership with our parent company, a real estate and development firm, we work on a wide variety of projects ranging from commercial and retail to high-end residential renovations. Our projects are located mainly within New York City, displaying a minimalist contemporary aesthetic with a focus on constructability. We are looking for a capable individual to join our team as an architectural design intern for summer 2017.
This is a paid position. We are seeking a current student or recent graduate with a strong aesthetic sensibility and demonstrable skills in presentation graphics, drafting, and design. Architecturally, you will be working primarily on residential interior renovations and small commercial projects. In addition to this you will assist with developing our graphic standards, presentations, social media presence, and marketing materials. You will gain valuable exposure to material specification, NYC building codes, and construction management. Because of our fast project execution, you will experience all phases of design and construction with the opportunity to complete a built project.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and background:
- Current student or recent graduate in Architecture/Interior Design, either at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD (2012 or higher), Adobe Creative Suite, and Sketchup.
- Ability to independently conduct surveys of existing building conditions.
- Strong graphic presentation skills.
- Ability to envision creative solutions to design challenges, large and small.
These skills are not required, but are desirable:
- Experience with construction document sets.
- Abilities in product, supplier and vendor research.
- Experience with social media platforms.
- Previous professional experience in an architecture, design, or construction-related field.
- Knowledge of Rhino 5.0, Microsoft Excel, V-ray, Grasshopper,.
If you are interested in being considered for the internship submit a brief introductory email along with an attached resume and work sample (PDF format, 10MB maximum file size). In your work sample, drawing sets, built work, and fabrication projects are especially relevant. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US for the full length of their employment.
All correspondence should be directed to: email@example.com.