DFA is an award-winning multidisciplinary design studio driven by thoughtful and creative buildings, interior environments and public spaces. Using the latest computer aided design techniques and model building, we aim to achieve unique solutions for each client that is creative, buildable and delivered on time and within budget. We have an energetic, fast paced and collaborative office environment with opportunities for professional development and diverse experience. Our offices are located in the Garment District of NYC.
This is a full time fall internship. The duration of the internship is typically 20 weeks and begin at the end of August
Must hold a Bachelors Degree in Architecture and/or be enrolled in a Master’s of Architecture program.
- Passion for architecture and design and strong interest in professional growth therein
- Proficiency with Rhino (3D modeling – Maya is a plus but not required)
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and strong graphic design skills in presentation formats to communicate conceptual and design development phases of small- and medium-scale architectural and design projects.
- Proficiency with Auto CAD (2D drafting)
- Excellent and efficient physical model building ability
- Fluency in written and spoken English (any other language is an asset)
- Familiarity with MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Compensation: Bi-weekly stipend of $1,000
Qualified candidates please send portfolio, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Fall Intern: Your Name in the subject line.
Please bundle all attachments into a single PDF with your name as the title. No drop off submissions and no phone calls.