HGA is an award winning architectural, engineering and planning firm seeking a talented, design-sensitive, ambitious design professional with good people skills and lots of energy. This Intern position will be part of our San Francisco, CA office. This position works with senior architects and designers in all stages of design, including programming, digital modeling, rendering, physical modeling, design studies, preparation of construction documents, construction administration, and coordinating with management, clients, consultants and contractors related to daily business operations.
Preferred candidates will have:
- Bachelor or Master’s professional degree in Architecture
- Interest in working on medium to large-scale project types in a very collaborative environment
- Proficiency in both Revit and AutoCAD required
- Strong 2D and 3D graphics skills essential
- Fluent knowledge of SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Microsoft Office and/or other related B.I.M technology is also desired
- 1-3 years of experience
HGA is both team-oriented and employee-friendly, and social activities are integrated into our office culture. We offer challenge, recognition and personal visibility with an opportunity to be part of some great projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accepts specific assignments and develops concepts according to parameters defined by the senior architect overseeing project assignment.
- Manages related components/tasks of project so that all can be effectively executed, according to schedule and within budget.
- Interacts and communicates effectively and professionally with other team members
- Assures execution of and assists with quality control activities for architectural elements on a project.
- Reviews drawings, documents and submittals for document compliance and documenting code review and compliance
- Keeps lead architect or designated team leader informed of progress; recognizes problem issues and communicates impact to team, and seeks clarity when necessary.
- Maintains, organizes and archives all project related documents.
- Makes an on-going effort to obtain IDP credits so that architectural registration will be achieved
HGA is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other statuses protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. This policy extends to all aspects of employment, including recruitment and hiring.
Please apply via our career page at www.hga.com with a resume, cover letter and portfolio