BAM Architecture Studio is a design oriented architecture firm headquartered in New York City with an office in Los Angeles.
We do impressive work for great clients at well-known and well-respected companies and institutions. We bring inventive design solutions to every project, providing Architecture, Interior Design and Strategic Planning services for our Workplace, Media+Entertainment, Healthcare and Science+Technology clients.
We pride ourselves on providing the best work environment and best benefits possible. We do this to attract the best people. We have a dynamic, creative culture that provides the tools to help individuals get their work done efficiently while emphasizing a team approach so the entire firm is successful.
We add to our team carefully and thoughtfully, by hiring only smart, engaged individuals. We are currently looking to expand our team in New York City with the right candidate.
Currently, we are seeking to hire an Architectural Designer in New York City with solid design and communication skills.
- Work together with architectural design teams on projects
- Collaborate on projects, including programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design, design development, construction drawings and construction administration
- Develop design concepts and generate construction documents
- Work with interior designers in selection of furniture systems and specifications
- Support project team coordination for plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction
- Work with consultants to meet overall project objectives
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
- Work within given fees and contracts for projects.
- Manage time to stay on schedule and within budgets.
- Understand design vision. Work to implement design based upon contractual agreement with client.
- Establish and maintain ongoing, productive client and team relationships.
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives and learning programs
- Participate in business development and marketing efforts
- At least 3 years of professional experience using Revit or similar BIM software. Computer skills must include AutoCAD. Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Sketch Up important.
- Focus on commercial, technology or healthcare interiors
- Working knowledge of the design process, including compiling a set of construction drawings
- Outstanding conceptual 3 dimensional thinking and graphic presentation skills
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
- Architecture degree from an NAAB accredited school
The successful candidate must be able to work well as part of a design team, make immediate contributions and take initiative to complete work.
We seek best in class designers and pay them well, including a bonus opportunity and a 401K plan.
We are committed to your growth, professionally and personally. Work/Life balance is promoted thru our comprehensive benefits including company paid medical and dental, paid commute, short term disability, 3 weeks paid time off, paid holidays and paid floating days. We encourage your career growth by paying towards AIA membership, Professional Licensure and LEED certification.
Send your resume, salary request and electronic portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered. Please keep submissions to less than 10 MB. The candidate must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Learn more about our firm at www.bam-studio.com. Please, no phone calls about this position. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.