We are seeking a collaborative team player who is dedicated, and passionate about design, with strong design and problem solving skills for immediate opportunities as an Architectural designer. This position requires the candidates to support project team leaders and produce designs and presentations. The practice is varied and will offer exposure to multiple practice areas including Residential, Education, Healthcare, Corporate and Mixed Use. Work will range from core & shell to interior fit-out.
- Architectural Designer will be responsible for assisting in Master Planning, Site Planning and General Building Design.
- Assists the design team on projects from the Pre-Schematic Phase through Construction Documents.
- Prepare programming, analysis, conceptual and schematic design concepts, project layouts and develop designs using Revit or other modeling software.
- Perform design computations, research product specifications, compile project data, phase reports, and other miscellaneous architectural assignments.
- Review proposed designs for compliance with applicable codes.
- Prepare finish material sample boards, physical models and graphic presentations for client approval.
- Assist with preparation of construction drawings and construction detailing for contractors and assist in the construction administration phase.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Architecture
- 3 to 8 years of relevant architecture experience
- Ability to develop, communicate and present design concepts to their team.
- Digital architectural visualization and animation experience preferred
- Strong communication skills and excellent graphic presentation skills.
- Experience with site planning and zoning analysis.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage project priorities.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite, Revit, Sketch-Up and Adobe Creative Suite is required. Rhino and other related design software.
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, send your cover letter, resume and salary history as one file (Adobe PDF preferred but Word is acceptable) to PERecruiter@perkinseastman.com with “Architectural Designer I – STA – Your Name” in the subject line. Please provide the website source. No phone calls please.
Perkins Eastman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the Federal E-Verify program. EOE/M/F/D/V