Based in Northern California, Wade Design Architects is a small firm of 5 designers plus 2 principal architects whose focus ranges from unique residences in rural settings, to wine industry hospitality projects and brand environment concepts that apply to locations worldwide. In addition to our many private clients, we have also assisted notable businesses such as Williams-Sonoma Inc, The Sundance Group, Blue Bottle Coffee Company and Medlock Ames Winery. Our work has been featured in numerous design publications, including Luxe, Dwell, California Homes, Modern Luxury Interiors and California Home & Design. Wade Design Architects won the National Luxe RED Award in the category of Classic Architecture in 2018. We are looking for a talented, ambitious Architect or Designer to be part of the team.
The applicant must have acquired a degree in architecture. Experience in high-end residential design during previous employment is a must. The Architect or Designer will support the Principals in tracking project progress, schedules and budgets, as well as be the primary point of contact with consultants, contractors and Clients, on the projects assigned to him or her. The role will involve project design development as well as document production. The successful candidate will be an integral part of our small team and the position will provide a competitive salary, paid time off and health insurance.
We are seeking applicants with the following attributes:
- Accredited degree in architecture
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (not Revit) and SketchUp. AutoCAD is a must skill and no applicants who are not proficient will be considered.
- Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office experience required
- Ability to prioritize workload while working towards completion of multiple tasks and projects
- Willingness to sketch out ideas freehand to communicate with project team
- Collaborative, passionate about design, and enjoys working with others, as well as open to adapting to the firm’s drafting and CAD standards.
In your cover letter, please tell us about your relevant skills, highlighting any of the of real world work experience you may have. Send an email with resume, work samples (less than 10MB and saved as a PDF please), and links to any online portfolios, to Katie Vandermause at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note “Wade Design 3-6 yrs. experience Architect/Designer” in the subject line and include your best examples of AutoCAD drafting as well as samples of freehand sketches. We will reach out to viable candidates for interviews to discuss details. Cold calls, drop-ins & spamming our inbox are not welcome. Please only submit your materials if you have authorization to work in the US indefinitely.