BuroEhring is a young, growing, multi-disciplinary firm of engineers and architects based in downtown Manhattan. At BuroEhring, we fuse the creative design process with advanced detailing, engineering, and analysis techniques for facades, structures, and specialty designs.
BuroEhring is currently seeking a talented and motivated architect / façade designer who aspires to the highest standards of excellence to join our close-knit team of professionals. We are looking for candidates interested in a long-term position with incredible growth opportunities.
- 1-3 years of professional architectural or engineering experience; ideally focused on building envelope and façade design.
- Professional degree in architecture or engineering from an accredited university
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Required
- Proficiency in Rhinoceros Required
- Proficiency in Grasshopper a plus
- Proficiency in Revit a plus
- Prior experience with LBNL THERM, Window, and Radiance a plus
- Prior experience with energy modeling a plus
- Practical knowledge of building codes and technical details
- Ability to work independently as well the capacity to work effectively with a team
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assisting Project Managers in a multi-disciplinary project environment.
- Design of a large array of interesting façade types and building envelopes from Schematic Design through Construction Administration for a variety of clients including architects, developers, and façade contractors
- Drafting 2D details in AutoCAD and preparing 3D mock-up models in Rhinoceros
- Thermal analysis and condensation risk analysis of facades using THERM and Window
- Daylighting analysis using Radiance
- Coordinating façade design and details with architectural, structural, and MEP drawings
- Preparation of building envelope drawing sets and/or energy models for energy code compliance in AutoCAD and Revit
BuroEhring offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K, commuter transit cards, and paid time off. If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, and professional work sample in a single PDF less than 10 MB to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing about you and meeting you to discuss opportunities with BuroEhring! www.buroehring.com