Bestor Architecture is looking for an architect/designer with a minimum of 5 years experience to join our team. We value well-rounded architects, preferably M.Arch graduates, who are good designers and also interested in drawing and building architectural projects. We have flexible teams for larger projects as well as detailed, high-design residential work with teams of just two people. The office has about 25 employees who are friendly, hardworking and committed to good design.
- In collaboration with the broader team, design and execute multiple projects simultaneously from concept through completion, and potentially lead smaller sized residential and commercial projects
- Work closely with the project team, consultants, contractors and agency officials
- Produce presentation drawings, diagrams, and renderings using AutoCAD, Rhino, V-Ray, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Assist Senior Designers/Project Managers with project management responsibilities, helping to ensure client satisfaction, service quality and financial performance
- Assist Senior Designers/Project Managers with establishing and monitoring project budgets and schedules
- Research materials, products, and building systems throughout the design and construction phases, with an understanding of architectural advancements and trends
- In coordination with consultants, produce full set of construction/working drawings
- Participate in client and consultant coordination on larger projects and serve as primary client and consultant contact on smaller projects
- Ensure fulfillment of all contractual requirements for professional services on smaller projects
- Provide informal feedback and some direction to junior designers and interns; serve as a mentor, resource, and guide
- Professional degree in Architecture (B.Arch. or M.Arch.) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in progressive, design-focused firms
- Licensure candidacy preferred
- Exceptional design sense with strong graphic and technical skills (e.g., Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, V-Ray, and Adobe Creative Suite)
- Fluency in AutoCAD, Revit and Adobe Suite programs; experience creating presentation materials
- Motivated, independent, flexible, and cooperative problem solver with strong work ethic and excellent communication skills
- Able to take direction and initiative with minimal supervision
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Full time position
- Reports to: Senior Designer or Studio Director
- Manages others: No
Please email your CV, portfolio sample, and availability to: email@example.com.
Please indicate “Architect/Designer” in the subject line of your email.