The practice of FXFOWLE Architects encompasses architecture, interior design, planning and urban development. With offices in New York and Washington DC, the firm is committed to innovative design inspired by urbanism, technology and sustainable strategies. FXFOWLE’s award-winning portfolio of projects spans the globe and addresses a range of scales and typologies.
We are currently seeking an Architect – Construction Administration with at least 15-20 years’ experience. This position will be responsible for all activities related to project construction administration, including drawings process, field observations, reports and change orders.
- Maintain the contract administration process with emphasis on efficiency, timeliness, quality assurance and risk management.
- Oversee construction administration operations and personnel.
- Evaluate and present feedback related to necessary changes in construction documents.
- Trouble-shoot field conditions and issue construction sketches to resolve issues quickly.
- Participate in project status meetings.
- Conduct on-site observations, prepare documentation, and issue field reports to Owner and related parties.
- Coordinate with the architecture/engineering team to ensure project completion is in compliance with contract documents and specifications, and meets all regulatory requirements and building codes.
- Review ‘For Record’ documents and other post-construction submittals as part of the close-out process.
- Review change order requests from the CM/GC and make recommendations to the Owner concerning appropriateness of request.
- Minimum 15-20 years related experience in construction administration.
- Must have experience with cultural/educational projects.
- Prior experience in successfully leading project teams and coordinating with project consultants/clients is required.
- Candidates should have strong design and technical skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Candidate should be proficient with AutoCAD and Bluebeam Revu, and conversant with REVIT/BIM and other related design software. Familiarity with Newforma Database software preferred.
- Licensed Architects preferred.
- LEED accredited preferred.
- A graduate of an accredited Masters or Bachelor of Architecture degree program or related combination.
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume and work samples to email@example.com, including salary requirements. Make sure to put Architect – Construction Administration in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. FXFOWLE takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
FXFOWLE welcomes diversity in the workplace. http://www.fxfowle.com/media/files/223f91677e334958287011418d27cff0.pdf
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: FXFOWLE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by FXFOWLE, or (c) consistent with the FXFOWLE’s legal duty to furnish information.