At Blitz we believe that design should tell a story — an interesting and compelling story. What are we about? Where do we stand? What are our passions and what makes us happy? These are legitimate questions and we should seek answers to them throughout the design process.
Blitz is an award winning design firm specializing in commercial architecture and workplace design. We provide the complete range of architectural services required to take a project from programming through construction. Our team of architects and interior and graphic designers work as one to create thoughtful design solutions with technical rigor.
About the Opportunity
At Blitz, Architects are designers who lead projects from concept design through construction, in collaboration with the Lead Designer. They play a critical role in coordinating architectural drawings with particular focus on constructibility, code compliance, coordination with external partners, and implementation of the Blitz delivery standards. We are looking for a confident and experienced architect with a track record of leading projects in the built environment, demonstrated professionalism, and excellence in client management.
Our studio is highly collaborative and every team member contributes to project design, project delivery and administration, as well as client care. At Blitz, we uphold the highest standards of project delivery and professionalism, and Architects lead by example in all aspects of the design and delivery process. The ideal candidate is a talented technical designer, highly organized, and has an extensive background in interiors and / or workplace design.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Compensation is based on ability and experience. In addition to workplace interiors, our commercial interiors work includes bio-tech, higher education, international hospitality, and developer-led adaptive re-use including core and shell work. We are looking to expand our team of technical design leaders to support this work. We love the power of a great idea and are looking for “builders” not joiners.
- Full-time employees receive four weeks PTO (including the week between Christmas and New Years when the office is closed).
- Nine paid holiday days.
- Flexible working hours with four nine-hour days and a half day on Friday.
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage is provided.
- 401(k) with generous matching.
- Strong continuing education support on both a firm-wide and an individual basis.
- Stocked kitchen and fresh coffee daily!
- 7+ years professional experience.
- Licensed Architect in California. Additional jurisdictions a strong plus.
- Expert knowledge of the California Building Code.
- Professional experience and proficiency with Revit.
- Accredited architectural degree (BArch or MArch).
- Experience with tenant improvements and commercial interiors required. Experience with core + shell work a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team and project through entitlements, technical documentation, and CA.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously with multiple deadlines.
- Excellent graphic and verbal communication skills.
- Candidates must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
The Blitz team works hard but we make sure we take time to have fun and keep learning. In addition to continuing education opportunities and project management training, Blitz supports internal design and technical presentations through learning lunches, after hours mixers, and a mentoring program that is available to junior staff. We support our industry through a variety of events, and enjoy the company of our competitors (who we also consider our friends). Our Summer / Winter parties are awesome.
How to Apply
Email your cover letter, resume, work samples and salary requirements in a single document in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or drop-ins please.