About the Firm:
HUSarchitecture is a team of experts exploring how to better build sustainable community through collaboration. Our small, community-minded architecture firm in downtown Chicago focuses on low-income housing projects, public schools and LEED projects. At the core of our mission, we use design to bring people together, enliven space, and encourage community.
HUSarchitecture strives to make a meaningful and healthful impact on our built environment. Our passionate group is looking for a full-time licensed architect to facilitate this shared mission. The role works across a range of projects and requires the ability to work independently as well as integrated team participation and support.
- Development of projects in design and construction phases
- Leading various architecture projects including code analysis, project documentation, permit expediting, and construction administration
- Develop and manage drawing sets to completion
- QAQC in-house and consultant drawing sets for code and ADA compliance
- Managing small teams and consultants to complete multiple ongoing projects
- Mentoring team development and overall skills
- Working closely with firm leadership in managing priorities
- Perform LEED Administration duties for both design and construction contracts spanning from credit inception through documentation, including reports, tracking updates and submittals.
- Manage client and project expectations and timelines through effective coordination and communication.
- Develop technical specifications for sustainability goals
- Energy auditing – determining project square footages, project evaluation, conducting field assessments (training provided)
- Observe and document conditions of high-rise buildings from a contractor-led swing-stage
- Identify locations suited for exploratory demolition to be performed by the contractor
- Make repair recommendations, with input from the HUSarchitecture team
- Prepare façade analysis reports to City of Chicago guidelines
- Licensed in the State of Illinois
- Minimum of 7 years experience
- High level of BIM/CAD/Drafting experience
- Ability to prioritize work and deadlines across multiple projects
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and on a team with a variety of individuals, internally and externally
- Ability to develop project within budget
- Organized with ability to follow through on deadlines
- Adaptable to change of demands and priorities
- LEED with specialty experience preferred
- Façade assessment experience preferred
- Fall Protection Certification a plus
- Must have a valid drivers license and access to a vehicle
- Background check required
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates, please submit cover letter addressed to Chyanne Husar, resume, and work samples in PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.