Start Date: Immediate or Summer
Seeking: Candidate for a Full-Time Position
How to Apply: Submit CV and 10-page (max) portfolio to email@example.com
Volley is an industry-leading innovative architectural visualization and creative interactions studio. We believe fundamentally in our ability to add value to our clients’ vision through a deep understanding of design intent, a project’s commercial potential, and refined art direction. We specialize in traditional rendering and Virtual Reality applications. Volley is led by Michael Klausmeier who has over a decade of experience in high-end architecture and visualization. The studio is located in the Dumbo area of Brooklyn, NY.
Volley is looking for a VR Specialist/Design Technologist to support the growing technological development at Volley and the creation of interactive and Virtual Reality apps. You will be a part of a multidisciplinary team working on interactive applications and experiences for world class Architecture and Advertising Firms.
You should have a passion for designing and implementing gameplay systems and applications. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with developers and artists across disciplines to create custom applications and experiences.
The ideal prospect has experience working with a cross disciplinary team to develop an application from conception to delivery. Applicants should have solid technical skills in 3D Math and Linear Algebra, Optimization, Problem Solving, and Debugging. Applicants are expected to be proactive in identifying risks and bugs and determining solutions to mitigate potential issues.
Our development is mostly done in Unreal Engine 4, with most of the artwork and models created in 3DS Max. Our ideal candidate has expertise in Software Development in Unreal Engine as well as visualization software such as 3DS Max, and has been exposed to roles interfacing with creatives, designers, and architects.
Work with a creative team to guide production of Interactive Visualization experiences
Write Software for custom built Interactive Applications in Unreal Engine
Develop Pipelines and feature sets for new Interactive and Virtual Reality applications
Perform Research and Development to support all forms of Rendering and Visualization
Engage the technical community by attending trade conferences
Assist in new business pitches, presentations and client meetings
● Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience; advanced degree a plus
● Experience developing and maintaining Unreal Engine Interactive Experiences
● Experience developing user-facing, creative, interactive experiences
● Experience dealing with very long and very short timelines, and a coherent strategy for each
● Experience collaborating with non-technological disciplines, e.g. architects and other creatives
● Strong spoken/written communication, presentation, and project management skills
● Able to manage multiple projects in parallel
● Exceptional attention to detail
Expected Technical Skills
● Unreal Engine (Engine Environment/ Blueprints)
● 3D Modeling (3DS Max, Maya, Rhino, Revit)
● Materials and Textures (Building Custom Shaders, Photoshop, Illustrator)
Additional Technical Skills Considered a Plus
● Graphics pipeline development (OpenGL, WebGL)
● Additional Game engines for AR/VR (Unity, Oculus, Vive, Tango, ARKit/ARCore)
● Creative coding libraries (Cinder, openFrameworks, Processing, Three.js, Touchdesigner)
● Sensor software and hardware, physical computing (OpenCV, Kinect, Leap, capacitive touch)
This is a full-time salaried position. We are looking for someone to start immediately.
Submit CV and 10-page (max) portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org