A+I is an award-winning architecture firm that prides itself in doing inspiring work with inspiring people. Our 70-person firm is an ideal fit for seasoned professionals looking to engage with projects across the full process, from pre-design through construction, in a bright, supportive setting. We nurture an open office culture that prioritizes a healthy work-life balance, careful mentorship toward professional growth, and deep collaboration across a wide array of talents and disciplines.
DESIGN: We believe the best architecture comes through information. We’re not formalists. We believe program guides design, but great design transcends program. We work at a broad variety of scales, from the object to the landscape, preferably in the same project. We think and re-think until the unexpected becomes obvious.
BUILD: We engage in discourse through making. We build. We are uninterested in theory unless it serves to improve the built work. We embrace the practicalities of our profession: schedule, budget, gravity, clients. Real limitations challenge us to be smarter, sharper, better. We iterate through building.
TEAM: We embrace the richness of difference. We put our heads together and believe design should be passed around not down. We seek trans-formative projects for people transforming the world. We find fulfilling our clients’ needs fulfilling. Our work is stronger because of multiple points of view.
Project Architect Responsibilities:
- Manage substantial NYC projects, from commercial interiors though ground-up new construction
- Be the primary contact with the client and client’s consultants: engineers, expediters, and vendors
- Direct teams in designing and detailing, from schematic design through construction completion
- Coordinate efforts across multiple in-house disciplines including strategy, branding, and graphic design, for the delivery of fully-integrated projects
- Manage interface with contractors from initial pricing and bidding, through construction completion
Project Architect Qualifications:
- Professional architectural degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 8 consecutive years’ relevant experience (post-grad) including substantial experience managing large projects, with demanding clients and schedules, and large consultant teams
- High degree of proficiency in Revit, Autocad, Adobe Creative Suite, and 3D modelling (preferably Sketchup)
- Comfort with multi-tasking and collaboration within the context of fast-paced projects
- Work examples that demonstrate, in addition to technical excellence, a sophisticated design sensibility.
- Deep knowledge of architectural practice and construction in general
- Ability to produce thoroughly detailed and fully coordinated construction documents
- Familiarity with NYC building codes
- Available to start within 2-3 weeks of interview
- Excellent English language communication and client facing-skills
- Legally eligible to work in the United States, without need for employee sponsorship
Please submit resume and work samples in a single PDF to email@example.com. Limit submissions to a maximum 8 MB file size. Please describe your role in the work. Special consideration will be given to candidates who write well and enjoy snacks. No phone calls, please.